Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Miracle Cure

“I’ve done it!” cried Dr. Geisteskrank. “I’ve invented a device which will permanently end all ailments, pain, and suffering a given subject may be enduring, and prevent future incursions, to boot!”

“It looks like a guillotine,” said Bartlett. “I think they already invented that.”

“I’ve repurposed it,” said Geisteskrank. “It is sufficiently altered from its original form and intent.”

“It doesn’t kill people anymore?”

“Well, how else are you going to ensure complete lack of further discomfort?”

Bartlett rubbed at his temples. “I think I’m getting another migraine.”

“Ah!” said Geisteskrank. “Good news!” He patted the polished wooden frame enticingly.




3 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

Now that's a death panel ...

Turned Into Stone said...

I like the enticing pat at the end.

4 out of 5 doctors* agree that this cures everything.

*These four doctors cannot be reached.

Scattercat said...

The important thing is he keeps trying, really. He is a ceaseless servant of science, all for the betterment of mankind.