Monday, April 19, 2010

Hobby

At first, it was a coping mechanism.  I was lost; I wanted a way back to the way things used to be, a way to be somewhere other than where I was.  I slept so I could dream. 

The means become the end, though.  Isn’t that always the way?  Just like any drug.  Now, I don’t sleep to dream; I sleep to sleep. 

It passes the time.

It was Hamlet, wasn’t it, who asked what dreams may come in the sleep of death?

I don’t dream anymore. 

I hope there aren’t any dreams in death.  I’m looking forward to it.

5 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

I am stumped, stumped, stumped.

r2d2y said...

soooooo close...

dolorah said...

Oh, depression. I like it.

........dhole

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Nice. Like Loren, I'm stumped.

Scattercat said...

If it helps at all, there's one word for each entry, and those words as a whole might just have some sort of connection...

(This wasn't written to be a puzzle, so deliberate clues aren't really a part of it. This is more "Can you read Nathan's mind?" than "Can you figure out this cunning wordplay?")