Friday, February 4, 2011

Bum's Rush

"Sir, you presume too much. Begone!" He swirled his bathrobe at me.

I sighed. "Jax, man..."

"King Jacksonia, Duke of Pineville and Protector of South Charlotte!"

"You're hallucinating, dude."

"Guards! Remove this wastrel."

"Okay, fine. I'm leaving. But I'm calling tomorrow and bringing you some help." I headed for the door.

Jackson laughed, waving his toilet-brush scepter. "No, not too roughly. He was once a friend. And now, let the joust begin!"

I closed the door and shrugged. My arms tingled with the touch of gauntleted hands. I was absolutely certain I did not hear anything like a whinny inside.

2 comments:

dolorah said...

A vividly drawn character. The imagery here is excellent. I can see him brandishing his bowl brush, his robe gaping.

Maybe too vivid LOL.

.......dhole

Scattercat said...

This is actually a role-playing game character I made up for GenCon a few years ago. He just makes me smile. (Don't Rest Your Head is a game with a lot of weirdness in a very small package.)