Friday, February 25, 2011

Publishing News

My first publication in the realm of paper and ink is available here. "Seasons in the Abyss" is a collection of horror flash fiction themed around the four seasons. The collection includes seventy stories, and is about thirteen dollars. I have two stories in there, both of which astute readers of Mirrorshards might recognize as expanded flitterfics.

I can't in good faith recommend the book at the price it's selling for; it's a bit thin for the cost, and the content is... spotty. Still, there are some gems in the collection (making no comment on my own stories) and it would likely entertain for a day or two; what more can one ask? It's nicely bound on decent quality paper and has that nice new book smell. If you value small press publishing and relatively neophyte authors, then that might add to the value of the book for you. (Don't buy it on my account alone; I get bupkis in terms of royalties.)

If anyone does buy it, I'd love to hear what your favorites were.

2 comments:

ranjit said...

you are a terrible, terrible salesman!

Scattercat said...

Well, I can't *lie*.