Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Flash Fiction Story at Podcastle

So a while back, I took first place in the Podcastle flash fiction contest, conducted at the Escape Artists Forums, where stories from Podcastle, Pseudopod, and Escape Pod can all be discussed. Forum members can see the subforum and read the competition, if they feel the urge to do so. My story was "Fetch," actually an expanded version of the flitterfic by the same name. So not new to y'all, but you can hear a much more professional voice reading my stories for once. Plus, Podcastle is the shiznit and should be endorsed whenever possible.

The other two top stories are in there, too, but even so it shouldn't take much of your time. There was a 500-word limit to these. If you like it, join the forums and comment! They love to hear from new voices.

Direct link to the episode in question.

6 comments:

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Congratulations!!!! :)
I'll go listen right now.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

I love "Fetch." Ha! And I thought my cats were up to something. :)

Divya Subramanian said...

I came here after listening to Fetch. Loved the story, and am trying to get as many people as I can to listen to it.

Scattercat said...

"Fetch" seems to have been that rare time when my oddball sensibilities coincide with a larger sub-group. I should probably do more cat stories, but I like them so much that I tend to assume that I'm being self-indulgent when I write them. ;-)

---

Glad to have you, Divya! Hopefully you'll like it here, too.

Loren Eaton said...

Listened, loved it, stuck it up on my Twitter feed (for which I hope you'll forgive me).

Scattercat said...

Not at all. I'd have done the same if I hadn't given up on Twitter. Y'know, with my thousands of followers.