Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Apis-American Society Recommends Rosemary and Thistle

The house next door had finally sold. Gertie insisted they go over to meet the new neighbors. She brought a casserole.

"I/we appreciate the gesture," their neighbor said through a translation device. About twenty bees bumbled around on the translator.

"I feel so silly," said Gertie. "If I'd have known, I would have brought a bouquet."

"Ow!" Frank slapped at something on his arm, then went pale. "Oh, God. I... I wasn't thinking."

"She was overzealous," said the hive. "Over one thousand die each day. Do not fear. However, I/we would appreciate it if you avoided pesticides on your garden."

3 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

Whoa! Cool!

Loren Eaton said...

The title alone makes it. Pure awesome.

Scattercat said...

Bees are a recurrent motif for me. Little bastards are friggin' weird. And possibly quantum.