Thursday, March 11, 2010

To Walk the Path Before Him, All Unknowing

I have always tried to do what is right. I united the world. One people, one language, one voice. I fed the hungry and silenced the dogs of war. Compromises were made. Principles were bent. The ends have more than justified the means, have they not?

And now, as I prepare to give my final speech, I have had… an epiphany. I understand now my drive, my focus, my uncanny success. Seven heads, ten horns, trumpets and fire. Prophecy. No one ever really comprehends until afterward, do they?

But I am my father’s son, and I will do his bidding.

2 comments:

munsi said...

i really enjoy that. kudos

Scattercat said...

It's been knocking around my head for a while. I think it wanted to be more like 250 words, but my arbitrary limits are as firm as they are arbitrary.