Friday, March 26, 2010

Prompt: Stalked by the Avenger of Blood (Numbers 35:16)

Inspired by a prompt from Loren Eaton

---

He who kills a man with a metal weapon, he will meet me and I shall pierce his heart. He who kills a man with a stone, he will meet me and I shall sink him down. He who kills a man with a wooden tool, he will meet me and I will crush his bones.

Metal, stone, and wood; you have touched none of these. You said nothing. You did nothing.

You have murdered with nothing. You have killed with words.

You will meet me, and I will speak your name.

I am blood. Hear my voice.

6 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

Chills, sir. Nicely done.

Scattercat said...

A bit of a generic approach, alas, but the recitation of various physical means of death triggered my need to have a ranty monologue about the power of words. (The very title of this blog is a reference to a ranty monologue I once wrote about the power of words, in fact.)

Glad you enjoyed!

Deb Markanton said...

Whoa, this one does give chills. I bow to your words.

Scattercat said...

Yet when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw.

dolorah said...

Oooh. I don't consider it generic at all. I think I was expecting a vampire; this was so much better.

Silly me for expecting - you're always so surprising.


.....dhole

Scattercat said...

Nah. I played too much White Wolf to want to go for divine vengeance = vampirism as an angle. To hell with the Book of Nod anyway.

Antedeluvians can suck it.