Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's a Sensitive Topic

Chet pounded on the dorm room door. “Come on, dude, open up!”

“What’s up?” said Jenny.

“Drac locked the door and won’t come out.”

“What happened?”

“I dunno! We were telling jokes, and I told that one about the guy who gets a wish and wants to save it and then he accidentally sings along with the commercial and goes, ‘I wish I was an Oscar Meyer weiner.’”

“Oh, no wonder,” said Jenny.

“What?”

Jenny rolled her eyes. “Meyers.” She stepped to the door and rapped gently with her knuckle. “Drac? Come on out, honey. No one thinks you sparkle.”

3 comments:

dolorah said...

You're too cute Nathanial.

Why does it take me so long to get back here?

.......dhole

Scattercat said...

I don't know! You should come back every day and tell all your friends to come by too, especially your big-time publisher friends who are looking for short stories to publish. ;-)

(Make sure they spell my name right, though.)

(Everyone does that and I have no idea why. Biblically, you've got Nathanael, which comes more comfortably into English as Nathaniel, but the -el is important because otherwise instead of "gift of God" you've got "Gift of Al," and who knows Al's taste in gifts?)

(Although I am a big fan of Weird Al, so if we're going to get gifts from him, I'm all for it.)

dolorah said...

LOL. Done; just as soon as I get me some of those friends.

But, I have others who are just as cool. Next monday, y ou're on my Shout Outs list. Then, we'll see.

And, I spell the name correctly; exactly as I think it should be spelled.

........dhole