Thursday, August 25, 2011

He Who Undoes This Knot Shall Rule the Suburbs


Alex, it's time to put up the Christmas lights.

Yes, already.

I know you don't want to, but the kids look forward to it so much.  I'd do it myself, but I can't reach the top of the porch even with the stepladder. 

They're up in the attic, same as every year.  Where else would they go?

Well, it's a big, stiff, knotted string all piled up.  I'm sure it's tangled like crazy.  That's just how these things work.

Because that's how Gordie put them away last year.

Alex, hon, put down that sword before the kids see.  Honestly, dear...

2 comments:

Jim Murdoch said...

Seems a while since I passed comment on one of your stories. Just thought I’d let you know that I’m still reading – 100 words is about my upper limit at the moment at least that’s how it feels just now (busy, busy, busy). There’s definitely scope here for a whole slew of modern takes on legends and myths I would have thought.

Scattercat said...

Och, aye, but there's a lot of folks doing that already. I dip into myths and folktales every now and then, and that's enough for me. This site is all about my creative ADD, y'know?