Saturday, May 7, 2011

"Necessities" and "As Fast As You Can" at Daily Science Fiction

There will be additional stories later today, but for now I realized I never linked to my flash fiction piece "Necessities", recently given its permalink place at Daily Science Fiction. They use FB for commenting, so if you like it, you can comment (belatedly) here.

Another of my stories ("As Fast As You Can," about superheroes, alchemy, the undead, and regrets) will be the featured weekend story at DSF on May 13, so if you're not signed up to get those e-mails, now's your chance! (For all that the quality is obviously somewhat erratic, I've enjoyed my 'subscription,' as it were.)

2 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

I'd pegged Iris as a dishrag from the beginning, and he was turning out to not only be kind of a coward, but a pathological bright-sider, always looking for the silver lining.

Great line. And I sure didn't see that ending coming.

Scattercat said...

It was an idea I couldn't find a way to fit into a flitterfic. (Took too much setup for an appropriate payoff.)