Saturday, May 21, 2011

"The Cowboy, the Horse, and the Scorpion" at the Journal of Unlikely Entomology

My story The Cowboy, the Horse, and the Scorpion is now available at the Journal of Unlikely Entomology.

Thus far, it is the only story featuring Vincent and Horse that I have written, but I was seriously toying with the idea of doing more standalone pieces, set at various points in Vincent's personal timeline. (Vincent is an updated version of the protagonist of my unbelievably crappy and hopefully eternally unpublished novella, but I might raid that story for a plot to write a shorter, tighter piece, for instance.)

What do you nice folks think? More Vincent, or leave it be?

5 comments:

Jim Murdoch said...

I think Horse should get his own spin-off.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Vincent (and Horse, as well). Seems to me there's more of his tale needs telling.

- Bernie Mojzes

Scattercat said...

@Jim - But Horse needs someone to bounce off of; Horse by himself would be like watching C3PO without R2D2...

@Bernie - Thanks! That was the general idea, that this world would feel like it had more room to expand, whether or not I outline any other corners of it.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see more of Vincent and Horse. I'm curious about Vincent's past before he teamed up with Horse as well. So that's another yes vote!

Scattercat said...

Well, Vincent can't always be fighting giant bugs, unfortunately, so unless there's also a Journal of Unlikely Places to Find a Cowboy, Vincent's further adventures will have to appear elsewhere. ;-)