Wednesday, May 11, 2011

B.T. (Before Titania)

The call was low and mournful, echoing across the frozen wasteland. Eric shivered and glanced up at the unmoving sun.

"What was that?" he asked.

Werner shrugged. "Probably a unicorn. Help me set up the salt circle; we have to make sure the snow doesn't melt and disrupt it."

"A unicorn? Sounding like that?"

"Well, a woolly unicorn, yes. And that means there will be hunters. You remember who lives in Faerie, don't you?" Werner busied himself spreading the tarpaulin.

"The Fair Folk? Faeries?"

"Close," said Werner. "Remember, time really does move more slowly here. Try Asutraleopithicelfs, Cro-Goblins, and Gnomanderthals."

3 comments:

Jim Murdoch said...

I love it - woolly unicorns - great.

Gerald said...

Asutraleopithicelfs, Cro-Goblins, and Gnomanderthals

I do believe I sprained my tongue trying to say those words.

The Words Crafter said...

*grinning* this was great!