Thursday, July 8, 2010

Stalking the Celery

Sorry about the delays, folks. Working an entire extra week of overtime in three days is taking its toll on me this week. Gotta get prepped for GenCon, monetarily speaking...

---

Myron held his breath for the final bit of stitching. The lapels were the hardest part.

Rich clumped into the kitchen and paused. "What are you doing?"

"Making celery suits," said Myron.

"And these?" Rich poked at the cardboard boxes that littered the floor.

"Celery houses."

"...why?"

Myron looked up, brows raised. "They've been displaced by the war."

"Right," Rich sighed. "I'm going to watch TV." Before Myron realized it, Rich had pushed past and opened the fridge.

"No!" cried Myron. "The radishes..."

He was too late. The pop-pop-pop of peashooter sounded, and Rich fell like a sack of potatoes.

3 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

I've been a follower of your blog for a while and usually try to remember to vote. It's impressive that you can write with such discipline and so very well. I have something for you over on my blog. The Rainy Day Wanderer...

Melanie said...

I'm hooked and I've only just read this first post. I'll be stalking...um following you now :)

Scattercat said...

Thanks for the nod, TWC. :-) I would offer to reciprocate, but I have long made a policy here of only posting my stories or links to my stories, on the grounds that nobody needs to hear my thoughts on much of anything. This is a fiction blog, not a blog with fiction, as it were. (If I ever become a successful author, I'll have to get a 'real' blog, too, and then I can link to folks.)

(Not to denigrate people who do blogs with fiction. I just don't want that here.)

---

Welcome, as always, new reader! I feel obligated to warn you that fluffy puns make up only a relatively small percentage of stories here, with dark humor or mythic fantasy being a lot more common. On the other hand, scrolling down and reading the next 100 words probably already showed you that...