Friday, May 21, 2010

Grandma Was a Pretty Wild Girl

The stairwell echoed with the heavy tread of the pursuing Cybercop.

"We're trapped!" cried Bixby. He tugged at the doors, as though he could open a maglock by sheer might.

"What are we going to do?" said Shw, wringing her hands. "It's not just going to stun now. We're crispy."

Ant1n sighed. "Here, let me," he said. He laid his bare hand on the lock. A short hum and a click later, the door slid open.

"Wow," said Bixby. "You're cybered? Implants?"

"What, like a cyborg? Ew!" said Ant1n. "No, my grandfather was a robot. 'Cybered.' We have some pride."


3 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

Darn, grandma was wild.

Now, how eactly does one pronounce "Shw"?

Unknown said...

Shoe possibly?

So, g'morning Nathan, long time no see. Some one recently linked me to Mark's blog, from which I discovered yours, and have been going through enjoying it.

Bixby made me comment, and search for the CLUE files again (which I have just discovered are now relatively easy to obtain).

Scattercat said...

I was thinking something like "Shoe," yeah. Maybe more like "Shwueh."

---

Hi, Alex! My blog has way more updates than Mark's. You should totally rub his nose in that. :-D

And if Bixby was ever an appropriate name, a story about someone's robot ancestry is probably the place for it. Usually I discard names that I recognize as coming from specific works or stories, but in this case it was simply apropos.