Friday, May 14, 2010

Bag Full of Name

He had forgotten name. Not just his name, but the whole idea of names and naming. He didn’t like it. He climbed from the soft, warm thing and went into the cold, shiny place. He splashed something wet on his face.

He looked at the very shiny thing and saw something behind him. It was gray and had sharp teeth. It also had a bag full of name.

“I’ve stolen them all,” the thing told him. “What will you sacrifice to have them back?”

His face wrinkled, and more wet came out. “I don’t know,” he said. “I don’t know.”


2 comments:

dolorah said...

This was way cool. Hard to figure out what you'd give for the return of names if you can't name anything.

Awesome.

.........dhole

Scattercat said...

Glad ya'll liked it! I'd just finished working on a Nobilis game, so the ideas were fresh in my mind.