Monday, October 8, 2012

Inner Strength


It doesn't matter, they told me on my first day, what you look like, or even what you can do or where you come from.

They said it’s about what’s inside.  That’s what’s important.

And I believe that.  I really do.  I may still doubt myself – that’s normal, they said, and will pass – and I may still suspect that some doink born with a ten-million-dollar silver spoon in his mouth probably - being honest - has an easier time of it, but I believe that what’s inside is what really matters.

At night, when I’m falling asleep, I can feel it moving.

3 comments:

dolorah said...

This is actually inspirational to a writer.

......dhole

Cate said...

Sometimes it keeps me awake. And then I'm too tired to get to my pen before work. Speaking as a writer. But not a very good one. And there's a lot more in your story than just writing. Gods, I lover your blog.

Loren Eaton said...

And I bet it has teeth ....








What? Am I the only one?