Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolution

Happy New Year, y'all. And many more to come, at least until the supervolcano in Yellowstone finally erupts.

---

Taku and the Wisest Stone watched the sun rise.

"What will happen when you die?" Taku asked. "I know that you will outlive me and all of my children's children, but even you must end some day."

"I have thought deeply on this topic," said the Wisest Stone, "and I have come to the conclusion that I do not wish to end. Therefore I won't."

"Many say that," said Taku, "yet Time comes for all."

"Ah, but there is a difference between them and me." The Wisest Stone had a smirk in his voice.

"What is that?"

"I mean it."

3 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

I love this....it echoes a similar sentiment of my own :)

Gerald said...

I love the Wisest Stone and Taku stories. More please!

Scattercat said...

Someday I will have sufficient fanbase to demand an actual book form for my flitterfics. That book definitely needs to feature the Wisest Stone prominently on the cover in some way.