Friday, October 1, 2010

Phillip's Drinking Begins to Interfere with His Life

"Goddammit, Phil. You're drunk."

"Huh?"

"It's Tuesday."

"Wha- Oh."

"Yeah," I said. "You idiot."

"Hol' on. I'll ge'reddy."

"No, you're staying put," Sal snapped. "I'll go."

I raised an eyebrow and shrugged agreement. "Tom's meeting us there. On meal break."

"But it's Tuesday!"

"Bosses don't care."

When we arrived, the basement was thick with the usual shadows and sense of foreboding.

"Ready?"

Sal and Tom hefted their weapons. I tossed back the lid, and they went at it.

"Fools!" gasped the Count as he withered away. "I will rise again, three days hence..."

"Yeah," I told him. "See you on Friday."

2 comments:

dolorah said...

Interesting. Loved the dialogue.

......dhole

Scattercat said...

I had to chop a bunch of fun description to keep even the skeletal dialogue I managed to save. (This was one that started at like 180 words and had to be reduced.)