Friday, May 3, 2013

Lazy Sunday Afternoons in Hell

Me and Satan were walking down the street when one of them lost souls come up to us and wanted to hand.  I checked the sky, but weren't no angels around, so I shrugged and asked Satan if it was okay and he shrugged and asked me if it was okay and we shrugged at the lost soul.

"Hey, how's life?" I asked.

"It hurts."

"Did you catch the game last night?" Satan asked.

"It hurts."

I kind of smiled a little because, you know, those lost souls, man.  "What are your thoughts on the pulling-off of Band-Aids?"

The soul looked right at me and its eyes were dark and deep like a hole and I fell in and I would fall forever and I knew there were spikes at the bottom just waiting all blood and rust.  I looked away.

"It hurts," the soul said.

And it does.

No comments: