Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sproing



Time is a rubber band, stretched taut.  Or at least, it was.  It was released, obviously, and that’s why it moves.

That means it’s not an illusion: time is moving faster as you get older.  It’s been accelerating from its first unmarked period of frozen tension.  A day used to last what we’d call years, or even longer back at the beginning.  Everything’s relative; your children and grandchildren will think of themselves as living long, full lives, though to you and me they’ll seen to whiz past.

What you need to worry about is Whose eye we’re about to hit...

2 comments:

Estelle said...

I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my blog at: http://kiritsuko.blogspot.ca/

Mat said...

It's about percentages...when you're a day old, a day is your whole life. Even at a year or two, it's still a significant percentage. At 38, I find entire weeks go by in a flash, but it makes me appreciate time in the eyes of my children. And maybe makes me think that my parents grounding me for a week when I was 7 was a little abusive. I mean, that's like a 3 year sentence in 33-year-old relative time...