Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Children of God

There are probably more dangerous gods to offend. Tzitrak, the god of lightning, for instance. Or Pucril, goddess of disease and infection. Even the placid ones like Dolo, god of stone, or Etervy, goddess of wealth, can put the kibosh on you pretty good if they want to.

I figured Batrach, god of toads, was a fairly safe bet. No teeth, no claws. Plus, we’re in a temperate zone: no poison arrow frogs. I thought I’d be okay.

But that’s why the curtains are drawn. It’s the eyes I can’t stand. Hundreds and hundreds of gleaming little eyes, always watching…

2 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

Okay, I'm officially freaked out now. I live in Florida. Where there are tons of frogs. Everywhere. Now I know they're watching ...

Scattercat said...

There was a horror movie about that, iirc...