Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tin

It could have been an accident, the first time.  Wood is treacherous; axes are sharp.  The blade slips... it could have been accidental.  But not the second time.  Or the one after that.  Each time, I crawled home and healed my wounds.  Each time, I replaced another piece of myself with cold metal.

Metal is hard.  Metal does not bend.

Metal does not bleed.

The original me is almost gone, every part replaced.  I have only one small piece of flesh remaining, somewhere deep inside, pulsing arrythmically.  I heft my axe with my metal hand.

It could be an accident.

3 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

You should really watch this.

Scattercat said...

That was visually pretty awesome, but the narration and the acting in general were a little cringe-worthy. I wonder if it might have been better just with musical cues instead of that somewhat ham-fisted voiceover...

Still, overall more awesome than not. Thanks for sharing it!

Loren Eaton said...

Yeah, it's not an amazing short film, but for folks who are learning their craft it's pretty good.