Saturday, June 19, 2010

Helpless

A few lights were still on in every building Jay passed. Movement in a third-story window caught his attention. A man slammed against the glass, making him jump. It took a moment for his brain to process the sight. The man was covered in blood, missing a limb. The window squealed as he slid down.

The thing behind him met Jay's eyes. A wide, lipless mouth filled with sharp teeth. Oh, God. It saw him.

Do you want to get involved? Do you really?

Jay shoved his hands in his pockets and walked away. Red, slit-pupiled eyes watched him go.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't accurately explain it, but something about this one just hit a nerve in a very good way, leaving me with an extremely creepy vibe.

Scattercat said...

It was an image that was strong enough to bother me the entire walk home. That's usually a good sign.

dolorah said...

Chilling.

This would make a good short story Dude. I don't want the teaser, I want the whole sh' bang.

.......dhole

Scattercat said...

I may as yet, but there's only so much one can do to expand the scene. I might get it to flash fiction length.