Friday, January 8, 2010

Dramatic Theme Music

I have been a bad writer monkey. In my defense, I've just basically skipped two weekends to travel, once for a whirlwind of family visits and once to clean the darned house once and for all and get it ready to be painted and sold. (Anyone want a townhouse in semi-urban Virginia? Reasonable prices.)

I'm two in the hole for this month, and now I'll be working overtime and unable to make up the deficit tonight as planned. Here is today's, and I'll try to trickle 'em in as I get time on breaks and such.


"We've got to save them!" The handsome man lurched into the bedroom.

"He's still a little woozy," said Kate. "He's only been real for an hour. I shouldn't have let him watch CNN."

"I'll hack into the bank's systems!"

"Can he do that?" said Kelly.

Kate shrugged.

The man sat at the laptop and tapped at the keys. Kate leaned over his shoulder. "You just typed 'asdfg;lkjh.'"

"It's always worked before."

"I hate the ones from action movies," said Kelly. "Even the superheroes catch on faster." She lightly struck the man's head. "Hey! Don't jump through any windows. Blood stains."

4 comments:

Deb Markanton said...

I am in awe of your imagination. *sigh* Is there a switch that's hidden somewhere on my body???

Scattercat said...

I read a lot, drink too much caffeine, and have a boring job. ;-)

Deb Markanton said...

Ohhh, that's the secret. I'm two for three. I'll start drinking coffee.

r2d2y said...

working from midnight and later always works for me...