Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The New Book

She paused when she reached the 300s. There was a small, furry, blue man on the shelf. His hair was spiky, like a hedgehog. He regarded her with an air of challenge.

“What are you?” she asked.

“I’m a book.”

“You are not.”

“I’m on a bookshelf, aren’t I?”

“You’re not square and made of paper. You don’t look like these.” She gestured at her shelving cart.

“So I’m a unique book.”

“What are you about, then?”

“Oh, everything. I’ve flown through the stars. I’ve seen galaxies born and die.”

“This is the social sciences.”

“So I’m misshelved,” he shrugged.

3 comments:

jazzymlee said...

Need funnier book.

Scattercat said...

Que?

jazzymlee said...

The book needs to have a better look, and another, nastier, line along with the mis-shelfed thing.

U no I'm Ryte