Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mr. Ruffington is Resentful of his Status

Late today, I know. I overslept, and believe me I feel properly apologetic. Here is today's and yesterday's flitterfics, to make up for it.

---

“Ready, Mister Ruffington?” Arlene waggled the stick enticingly. “Ready, boy? Go get it!” She lobbed the stick into the air and watched it spiral away.

Mr. Ruffington watched it go, too, with his tongue out. He glanced at her and cocked his head to one side, then lay down with a faint “Whumph!”

Arlene knelt. “Come on, Ruffle-doodle. You need some exercise. Fetch!”

“Must we do this again?” sighed Mr. Ruffington. “It’s all a bit demeaning. I’d really prefer a bit more dignified and intellectual pastime.”

Arlene’s eyes widened, then narrowed. “Well, we can’t do chess anymore. You always win.”

No comments: