Thursday, March 12, 2009

T-1000

“…but the real thing you gotta watch out for ‘round here is termites,” Gus finished.

“Termites? The place is made of metal!”

“Look here, kid,” said Gus. “Buildings made of wood get eaten up by termites, right? Well, buildings made of metal got the same problem. Different species, see?”

“But how can they chew up the metal walls?” Scooter asked. “They just got little bug teeth.”

“They done replaced ‘em with metal teeth. They’re whattayacallit, cy-bergs.” Gus cut off as heavy footfalls clanged on the floor above. He paled. “Grab the spray!” he shouted. “They done let the queen loose!”

3 comments:

Loren said...

How do you keep coming up with this stuff, day after day?

Scattercat said...

I'll take that as a compliment. :-)

Well, one of the reasons I started this blog was because I am constantly coming up with weird images and situations which I don't have the time to make into full stories (not to mention some of them aren't really capable of carrying a full story's weight). When I'm driving is the most common time for me to be struck by a thought, but it's rare for me to sit down to do my flitterfic and take longer than ten minutes to come up with something. I just let my mind wander and sooner or later it latches onto something interesting.

Angelo Pampalone said...

Great!

PS good luck with the Nobilis game!