Sunday, March 1, 2009

Intersection

I see people have located the "Yuck!" response. Awesome! But please, if you didn't like a story, I would especially like to hear why. (I mean, if people who enjoy them want to chime in with kudos, that's good as well, don't get me wrong.) Still, it's hard for me to improve if I don't know what I'm doing incorrectly.

---

Dan grimaced as the light turned red. “There’s nobody here!” he groused. “This is ridiculous.”

The car drifted to a reluctant halt. A shrieking sound shredded the night as a tricked-out hoverbike from the 25th century swerved to a halt beside them. The pilot sneered down at their 1997 Toyota before activating his privacy shield and fading from sight.

Dan and Shannon watched in silence as a Neanderthal and his woolly mammoth lumbered up to and through the intersection.

The light turned green. The mammoth was only halfway through. Shannon clutched at Dan’s arm, keeping his hand from the horn.

No comments: