Sunday, June 12, 2011

Just Not All That Impressive

"I was expecting, y'know, black robes and a scythe. Like, a skeleton and a horse and stuff?" Ria waved her hand vaguely.

"Sorry," said Entropy.

"Or, I mean, okay, death and chaos, so like colors and 'woah, crazy!' and bouncing around all over the place?"

"No," said Entropy. "It's just me."

"But you're so... gray." Ria examined him critically. "Aren't you the ultimate end? The heat-death of the universe? The final conqueror?"

"Yes." Entropy shrugged. "I don't really do much. I don't have to. I just... wait."

"Doesn't it get boring?"

Entropy considered this. "I don't know," he said at last.

2 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

This reminds me a bit of Reaper Man.

Scattercat said...

Yeah, Reaper Man is never far from my mind, really. It really was one of my formative books, as a reader.