Thursday, September 30, 2010

CEO of Draco Industries

"Come in, Trenton. We're undergoing a little restructuring, and, well, I'm sure you're aware of your numbers this quarter." One diamond claw scratched at Skrizziktvek's chin. "I don't believe in drawing out the torment, so I'll be blunt. You're fired." He paused. "What are you doing?"

Trenton eased one eye open again. "You're not going to incinerate me?"

The room rattled with a dragon's laughter. "Is that old chestnut still going around? No, no, Trenton. I'm not going to set you on fire." He blinked, and looked down his long nose. "You are still fired, though. Clean out your desk."

3 comments:

dolorah said...

What the hell is a Skrizziktvek's?

I like it.

.........dhole

PS: my word verifs tonight have been long and weird. But, perhaps you could make a post using

objrdine and pittlout

Scattercat said...

Pittlout seems pretty true already, unless Brad Pitt has done something remarkable to redeem himself.

dolorah said...

LOL, too easy!!

You're not easy, or cheap. But you can cry "monkey" and I'll let you off.

.........dhole