Thursday, February 11, 2010

Biological Niche

Staying late. The building was a lot more… empty after eight. Something made a scuttling noise in the darkness. Derek resolutely turned back to his spreadsheet and met two bulbous eyes staring into his own.

“Gah!”

“Yee!”

There was a thump, and Steve from Accounting fell onto his desk. “You scared me,” said Steve, rolling upright.

“What are you doing?”

“Foraging.” Steve flexed his hands, displaying the gecko-like pads at the tips. “I think I’m getting the hang of these. Soon I’ll be fully adapted, and I won’t even have to show up for work anymore. Cool, huh?”

Derek stared.

2 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

I am very tempted to start making snarky comments about accountants ...

Scattercat said...

Does yours have cool pads to cling to ceilings with? Because that would be the best accountant ever.