Saturday, September 20, 2014

Smuggling Dragons

The 7-11 parking lot was empty except for the rust-eaten white Buick.  The guy standing beside it looked like low turnout at the casting call for Suspicious Character #5.

“You got the money?” he greeted me.

I stared at him levelly and indicated the junker.

“Money first.”

The roll was all hundreds.  We’re thorough.

“All right.”  He popped the trunk and cracked it.  A gout of flame nearly took his hand off.  I saw a glimpse of a golden, slit-pupiled eye.  “Satisfied?” he asked.


“I’ve seen enough,” I agreed.  I pulled out my badge.  Fish and Wildlife.  “You’re under arrest.”

4 comments:

Flo said...

it's hard to find bloggers still blogging..your's sound interesting with short stories.. Ok below I must prove I'm not a robot..but, what if I AM a robot I can still write that number down and you'd assume I was not, right?

Flo said...

hey wait..how many comments you want? haha...this is a trap isn't it.

Scattercat said...

Well, I guess you could consider it a trap. It's not a very good one, though. Like if comments were mice, I'd be returning this and complaining to the manufacturer.

Loren Eaton said...

Must be smuggling juveniles.