Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rare Specimens

"This is the butterfly room," said the gray-haired majordomo. The walls were covered with small glass-fronted cases. Kitty examined them with polite interest.

"But these are all the same!" she cried.

I leaned over her shoulder. Every pattern was identical, like some trick in a hall of mirrors.

"The Master is very intrigued by iterations these days," said our guide. "Please, wait here. I will see if he is ready."

I sat. Kitty continued examining the cases, as if hoping to find one butterfly different from the rest. She didn't see the previous guests leaving.

Like some trick with mirrors...

3 comments:

Loren Eaton said...

Darn it, girl, run ...

Scattercat said...

But where would the fun in that be?

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I really love your short stories. You should join my rcently publicized religion!

http://solayrian.blogspot.com/