Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dark Side of the Middle of Nowhere

Anyone know what happened to Saturday's post? I know I wrote it...

---

"It's solar-powered. Just forget it."

I ignored him. It took most of my concentration to handle the tools in my bulky gloves, anyway.

"It's not like you're going to find a way to make it run on darkness. And the battery packs wouldn't move that hulk a centimeter, even if we juiced them all at once."

I kept working. I could feel the cold, a little, though maybe that was just my imagination. The suits wouldn't last forever, and these rocks had never known a sun's light.

"Why are you even bothering?"

Everyone reacts differently to the inevitable, I guess.

2 comments:

dolorah said...

Now that's a life lesson.

......dhole

Scattercat said...

Or a freezing-to-death lesson, anyway.