Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lester's Doomed Love

Sorry about this weekend. Combination of factors, primarily being bone-tired. Expect more sporadic updates for the next month; I'll be at the beach, then GenCon, and finally at a friend's wedding. I'll do my best to keep the ball rolling, however!

---

“The pipes in the restroom sinks are clogged again,” said Lauren. She rubbed at her left ankle with her other foot. “And I think… I think there’s a rat in there.”

Ned nodded. “I’ll get on it, miss.”

He set up the yellow warning sign and wheeled his cart inside. “Goddamn it, Lester, you addle-brained son of an octopus!” he snapped. “I’ve done told you about stayin’ out the pipes.”

With a gurgle, slender black tentacles emerged from the toilet bowls. One of them opened an eye.

“And you’d best stop gropin’ the ladies afore someone gets suspicious,” Ned said.

No comments: